Monday, June 6, 2011

Society Bakery

We took a Mini Vacation to the zoo, nothing big just family time. It just so happened that it fell on my youngest daughters birthday, so what a great excuse for me to try someone else's stuff. After doing a little research and surfing the internet I decided on Society Bakery. First off I love the shop, everything a little Sweet shop should be, Quaint, Fun, Personable, and Delicious-from the first smell. There was a young guy who helped me and he was quite entertaining and funny. His description of each item I chose just made me want to keep adding more to my box, he was delightful, I hate it that I didn't catch his name. Everything we had was good, some better than others, but still good.

Oh my gosh these cookies were so huge we nibbled on them all day! This cookie I halved between my two kids and I was still able to eat their scraps. It was super yum and soft. 

Brownie- "The best damn thing I have ever eaten."
The brownie was not cake like which I have gotten used to, but do not prefer. This Brownie was most definitely fudgey! Loved It. After it was gone I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was sad that it was gone. Still sad:(

My husband ate the Bread Pudding Whoopi Pie. He had never experienced anything like it and would go back just for it. Huge thumbs up from him!

Petit Fours
I love petit fours in general and I usually look forward to having them. These were not my favorite, but everyone else who sampled loved them! A lot. I didn't get it.


We got one of everything they had over the counter for that day!
Just a Little Criticism- When I buy cupcakes and because I also make cakes, I not only want a delicious cake I want the Best Dressed ones as well. These were all yummy but the presentation was lacking. 

This Cinnamon Roll was Awesome, we didn't wait to demolish it for breakfast we had it that night!

Red Velvet in my opinion always a crowd pleaser. Yumm!


Oreo
I loved this cupcake, but if you took the oreo of the top it wasn't really reminiscent of an Oreo. It more had the intense sweetness of a doughnut, Really Sweet. I loved it!

Besides the Brownie this one was my favorite. The Peanut Butter Icing was super I could have eaten it by itself. The cake was the same it had little chunks of peanut through out! It was something to talk about!

The other cupcakes were good, Cake was moist and Icing Sweet, nothing really to set apart they were just the generic strawberry, chocolate, and white. However I am forgetting the Banana Chocolate Chip which also deserved a picture but it came out to blurry so I spared you an eye squint. 

It was over all a wonderful experience and I would gladly go back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment